Find out how Medi-Clean's
unique disinfection chemistry can work for you
The chemistry behind our disinfection attacks bacteria, fungi, moulds and viruses – to control and protect contact with surfaces more efficiently.
Medi-Clean’s Disinfection Chemistry is a product that has a patented combination of BPR Annex 1 biocides and co-formulants, which simultaneously offers a two-pronged attack towards different pathogens.
Inside the cell pH drops rapidly by acid dissociation, and acid hydrolysis kills everything by inactivating proteins, enzymes and cell structures – which does not allow development.
Biocides attack. Co-formulants protect.
Biocide acids, namely lactic and tartaric acids, are an organic carboxylic acid which gives a synergistic enhancement of performance in the attack on many pathogens.
e.g. Tartaric acid is especially suited for yeast and fungal kill. These acids are enabled by very low concentrations.
Biocide Essential Oils, namely peppermint and lavender, reduce surface tension to penetrate cells walls and membranes (permeability).
Once inside the cell the essential oils possess up to 60 anti-microbial compounds (terpenes, terpenoids, aldehydes, alcohols and other) which disrupt enzyme activity with the cell.
Co-formulants are necessary as they optimise the up-take and efficacy of the biocides to offer bio-compatibility, without reducing the efficacy.
Our Decontamination Process
Protected and safe, for longer
Medi-Clean’s Disinfection Chemistry is unique to other known anti-microbials or traditional disinfectants. In comparison, other products may only last until evaporation takes place or washed off – to kill and protect against bacteria, fungi, moulds and viruses including: Staphylococcus Aureus, Salmonella, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Listeria, MRSA, C-difficile, VRE, E-coli, H1N1, Norovirus and many other pathogens.
Unique chemistry properties
- Works against COVID-19
- First broad-spectrum biocidal product – not classified, yet highly effective, disinfection product in the world which has a Simplified Authorisation (UK)!
- EU-approval for healthcare (PT2), veterinary and farming (PT3) and food industry (PT4) and retail
- All the active substances contained in the biocidal product appear in Annex I of the BPR and comply with the specified restrictions
- Does not contain any nanomaterials
- Sufficiently effective – tested according to EN-norms
- Handling of the biocidal product and its intended use do not require personal protective equipment
- Broad-spectrum product – which can be used in PT2, PT3 and P4 – and even by patients themselves in healthcare (PT2)
- Active removable residuals
- Can be used on surfaces that are water tolerable
- No transport/storage safety issues
- Derma tested as ‘Excellent’
- Corrosion tested as non-corrosive
- ISEGA-approved for surfaces with indirect food contact without water rinsing